Thursday 8 May 2014

Reading about writing



I am spending my time this morning reading about writing; usually in my time before working in the library I would be writing ideas for my novel or scribbling in my journal but today I have decided to set aside some time to look at writing techniques and activities. So far I am finding these books are the most helpful.

I have also come across a lovely quotation:

Writing is easy because most people are educated enough to be able to put their thoughts down on paper. It is natural because to want to make sense of our loves and times is what makes us human. It is good for you because to seek to understand the world around us is to begin to change it. 

People who write live longer, more fulfilled lives than those who don't.

- May, S, Get Started In Creative Writing (London: Hodder and Stoughton Ltd, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment