Friday 25 July 2014

Card-making fun.

It's been a while since I have spent time making cards and paper crafting so I decided to start thinking about this year's Christmas cards already! I have put together a few samples of what I might make this year for all of my friends and family so I'm quite excited to get started!

One of my closest friends recently moved into a new house and I was very excited to make her a unique 'new home' card.


I used a plain white, square card and added a border for my picture of a brown and grainy card to give some texture. I then sketched my house design and used a pretty floral paper for the hill and some cut out tree shapes of green paper which I used with foam pads to create some depth in the trees. The clouds and path were created using a small ink pad pen in blue and green. I used some handwriting styled letter stamps for the font with a plain black ink. The dashes around the edge of the picture were added to mimic sewn edges, these were simply drawn on with a black Sharpie marker pen.

I am really pleased with the result and it now takes pride of place on her new fireplace. Hopefully I will find some time for some more card making very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment