Thursday 8 August 2013

Foam-fronted Christmas Cards

With this year all being about homemade gifts, I'm looking forward to making all of my cards from scratch too. I thought I'd get some practice in early for Christmas and have just made a pack of four foam-fronted Christmas cards. 


These are just a trial but I'm pretty pleased with them, I think the pudding one is my favourite!

I used good quality plain white cards and decided to stick with a theme throughout with the green and red paper squares as the background for all four cards. I wanted to try using foam for the embellishments as I love how easy it is to cut into fun shapes and so cheap to buy! 


The shapes for the Christmas pudding are very simple and were cut out using scissors and a crafter's scalpel for the more fiddly parts. I stuck them all together using double sided tape.

Overall I am pleased with the finish of these cards, I think sticking to simple circle shapes (like the pudding and the robin) is most effective. With Christmas just under five months away I have four cards ready! Well, it's good to be prepared!


No comments:

Post a Comment