Saturday 10 August 2013

Quirky gift tags

Keeping in theme with creative ways to package and wrap homemade gifts I have been thinking a lot about gift tags. Probably one of the most simple things to make from scratch! I've been considering personalised tags for different people to add charm to gift giving this year! Here's a few that I've already made...


I was inspired by some gift tag ideas on Pinterest and decided that these would be cute on gifts for my closest friends and family. The front of the tag has a hole cut in it and the googly eye is stuck on the inside of the card to fit into the hole when the card is closed. It was a great chance to use my googly eyes as I seem to have an unnecessarily large collection!

The word 'you' on the front was made using individual letter stampers that I bought in The Range for 99p (bargain!) and just a black ink pad. The hearts were cut using a punch that a friend gave me but could just as easily be cut out. Although the picture doesn't show it very much, the heart is stuck on with a foam pad so it is raised from the card slightly. I also decided to round the corners to make it even cuter! 

I am always thinking of new things to buy for my craft projects and have to make sure I don't just go wild buying new tools every time I get paid! But... I think it would be worth buying myself a punch to cut out the rounded corners as I really struggle to get the same curve on both corners when doing it with scissors. It would also be a worthy investment for my scrapbooking; photo's with rounded edges are B-E-A-Utiful!!!!

Ooh, before I forget... if you like what you see here, follow me on Pinterest, I have loads of crafty things on there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment