Wednesday 14 August 2013

Owl stamps, cards galore and embossing fun!

Hello! It's a been a few days since my last post and I have been a busy bee! Following on from my last post about making cards; the last few days have been full of card creating and inspiration!

Yesterday I went to visit a good family friend who is a crazy crafter like me! It was great to see her amazing craft collection and try out a few new techniques and designs. I shared some of my ideas with her too and we ended up crafting for the entire day! 

Here are a few of my creations!


I was trying to think of something less traditional to put on a Christmas card and came across this gorgeous ribbon! I recently saw some inspiring ideas to use winter food and drinks on craft projects so I decided to include a personal favourite... hot chocolate with all of the trimmings! The picture was hand-drawn and coloured in using ProMarkers. This was my first attempt (ever) with ProMarkers having heard lots of positive things about them; I admit my technique isn't quite there when it comes to blending the colours but I am very impressed with the overall finish of the picture and am tempted to get a few pens of my own! I finished the design off with some raised snowflakes, stuck on with foam pads and a fun Christmas message, stamped in a cute pink ink. I am pretty pleased with this card! 


Again, this card was inspired by some cute ribbon trimmings, I also found a trendy owl stamp which I just had to use! I decided to keep it girly and funky! Although the photo doesn't really do it much justice, the ink-worn effect around the owl picture was achieved using Distress Ink and has a great effect! 

And finally, a couple more cards that I have created over the last few days, using a fun set of papers I had forgotten about! 




It was great to try out some new techniques this week too, I had a go at embossing with some gold embossing powder and a heat gun (lots of fun!) and used a die-cutting machine to create a few embellishments for future cards. Some fantastic tools to add great effects to any craft projects! 

No comments:

Post a Comment